What else can I add to the Forum Home Page?
  • POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Oct 05, 2016

Still need to style it out, but I’ve written a small script that counts and lists the top posters from the forums. I’m not quite satisfied with the title of this section, wouldn’t mind an alternative wording, even something along the lines of “Bitches who talk too much”. We’re trying to push the boundaries a little more, we don’t want this place to be sterile.

I’m looking for ideas of what else I can post to this area. I was thinking current/recent online could go here, but that’s more of a footer item.

Also plan on adding a small loop to each box highlighting the more recent topics to the Forum Home for each of the 4 main areas.

Still working on the individual Forum pages, thread freshness isn’t displaying in the proper place now, nor does it show most recent responder or views, so those are on the table as well.

What are you guys thinking? Anything we should add here?

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

POSTED BY Rex ranae on Oct 06, 2016

Maybe some kind of fun stat like Most Active Forum This Week (although that might just highlight slow spots…)

Maybe something punchy and short and sweet for the title of the most active posters section like “STFU”?

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Oct 07, 2016

Yeah, that’ll be a good idea for when the site finally starts to pick up traffic. Finances just got in order though and I believe we’ve earned enough to cover 1 month of hosting so I should be able to buy some ad space on twitter, facebook, and or reddit.

Another idea I just had, kind of in line with a lost feature I want to bring over from GameSpot, forum post of the week. I can see that being a popular item, highlight an active and upbeat discussion and get people more involved.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.