Video Game Awards Airs Dec 1st, What Do You Expect to See?
  • POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Nov 22, 2016

Slowly but surely the Video Game Awards are becoming a hot bed for announcing or confirming new games. We already know that Bioware and EA Games plan on showing off the first gameplay trailer for Mass Effect Andromeda during the show, and that Geoff Keighley plans to present Hideo Kojima with the award he was prevented from accepting last year(#FUCKKonami). What else do you think may show up during the event?

Me? I’m thinking we get some new details for The¬†Walking Dead: Season 3 from Telltale Games who have a history of showing or announcing new products during the show. We’ve also seen Nintendo have a presence at the show over the years, as has Ubisoft, could they possibly unveil Beyond Good & Evil: The Prejudices of Philosophers during the show? Will there be any Switch news at the show for that matter? Mario/Rabbids RPG?

Hey, I can dream can’t I?

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

POSTED BY Joel Castro on Nov 22, 2016

I don’t know what to expect, honestly, though a new trailer for Days Gone or the new God of War would be nice. Or hell, maybe another “trailer” for that new Kojima project, Death Stranding – maybe one that actually shows what the game might be about instead of naked Norman Reedus displaying how Kojima felt about being fired (….I still cry).

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Nov 22, 2016

I think that Death Stranding will make an appearance because Kojima and Keighley are close, but that is the only Sony property I expect to see there. I think the show will be 3rd party heavy with a dose of Nintendo and Microsoft. Sony has the Playstation Experience soon, so most of the surprises will be held for that show. While MS and Nintendo both have stuff up their sleeves and no announced venue to show it off. I like Take-Two/2k games for this show as well, since they do not show up to conventional shows and go their own route. Maybe we get a new Red Dead teaser? The timing is right.

POSTED BY elheber on Nov 22, 2016

Agreed, Rob. Death Standing would seem like a lock if it weren’t so early in development and a Sony exclusive. If it isn’t this year, a grand reveal would happen during the VGA in a future year.

VR games are certainly going to have a seat at the table for the first time in a big game award event. I wonder what they’ll name the category. With a category in VR, I’m all but sure they’ll dedicate a segment to virtual reality.

I’m also expecting Keighley managed to snag some sneak peek from Reggie again this year, and we’ll get a glimpse at some game for the Switch. Mario perhaps. Or a simple announcement that Smash 4 will get ported to the Switch.

"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."

"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Nov 22, 2016

Yeah, I completely forgot about VR, I agree that he’ll have a large chunk of the show dedicated to new VR experiences.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.