Updates in Gaming...My Life is Hectic Right Now
  • POSTED BY Joel Castro on Sep 26, 2016

So yeah, I haven’t been able to post as much content as I’ve wanted to lately, but that’s for a variety of reasons, some of which you know about, but also a bunch of others that have been building up ever since I moved.

First, I’ve been increasing my time at building my endurance for Air Force BMT (basic training). I meet my recruiter again in a few weeks to see if the job I want is available. If it is, then I may leave for basic sooner than expected. If not, that means another month of waiting, and this waiting has been making me restless beyond belief. It’s been over a year and half since I got this process started, and I’m finally ready to get started. But patience is a strong suit of mine, and I’ll wait as long as I need in order to make sure I get through.

Another big thing is juggling play time and work time. They’ve increased my hours at work, and that’s cut into my time spent playing games. Not that I mind, since I need the money, but that’s why you’ve only seen me on the forums lately instead of posting larger items like reviews and blog posts. I’m still working on all the reviews I said I was working on, though you can now add Dark Souls 3 to that list (currently made it to Irithyll of the Boreal Valley, and boy is it rough going for the moment). I may post another of my older reviews in the meantime, but like I said, don’t expect anything too soon.

On top of that, I’ve been volunteering at my new church a lot more, and that means, again, that there’s not a lot of time for anything else. Plus, I’m hoping to start a new program at the church related to gaming and theology, which I hope will expand into a much larger thing overall. It’s still in the planning stages, but it’s a promising idea so far that my pastor is all for, which is awesome.

So yeah, there’s my current life in a nutshell. I’ll try to get back into the swing of things, but like I said, don’t expect much too soon.

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Sep 26, 2016

No worries here bro. If you don’t have time to post that’s fine and I’m sure no one would complain that you’re focused on real life rather than a website on the internet. I think we’re all kind of stuck doing real life things right now. I know I’m already over a week late with my ReCore review I promised LAST WEEKEND. lol

Hope your program for church is an immediate success. When things calm down and you have more free time again we’ll all be eager to see what you write up.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

POSTED BY kaenna on Sep 29, 2016

Hey man I totally get you. It always seems as though life decides that everything needs to happen at once and things become insanely hectic. Glad to hear that you’re enjoying Dark Souls though, such an amazing game. I’m in a similar position to you in terms of being busy which sucks as I wanted to get some content written up over the weekend but there just aren’t enough hours in the day. Currently my job is starting to quieten down thankfully, but it’s been a hectic month of game development at home as we are looking to get an early demo build of our game ready to push out to the world by the end of October.

The program with your church sounds pretty interesting, keep us updated with how that goes, and I hope that the job you are wanting is available. There is nothing worse than waiting around!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.