Thoughts on the Recent Nintendo NX News
  • POSTED BY elheber on Apr 27, 2016

I wanted to gather some notable bits of information and my thoughts on them. Plus I wonder what you think about this as well.

1. NX is launching in March 2017, not holiday 2016. This one was jarring. Nearly everyone expected the NX to launch this year and new console launches¬†outside of the holiday season are very rare. If PlayStation rumors are true, the PS4 Neo will have the holiday season all to itself while Nintendo may be releasing the NX to a global audience that already spent their money on the Neo. According to Nikkei (via Kotaku), Nintendo says they’re launching on such a peculiar window because they want to have the games ready. If so, I can’t blame them. They’re just stuck between a rock and a hard place.

2. Zelda delayed to March 2017, coinciding with a simultaneous release for the NX. Everyone and their grandmothers already suspected Zelda was going to come out on both systems, but there were 3 ways Nintendo could do it: First on Wii U (as was Twilight Princess for GCN), first on NX, or both simultaneously. They could increase potential game sales if they released on Wii U first this holiday and making a bunch of people double-dip when the NX launches. And it could anger a lot of people if it only seems the Wii U version was delayed to benefit the NX.

3. Nintendo’s E3 will be a barren wasteland.¬†Nintendo said there will be no NX news or reveal at E3, and that Zelda Wii U will be the only playable game in the entire show. A quick look at the release schedule shows that Wii U owners are up shit creek without a paddle this holiday season. Nintendo has essentially given up on the Wii U hard and fast. The only game to play is a game that comes out in 2017. That’s just crazy.

4. All this news came from investor financial releases. This drives me nuts. Nintendo is in a downward spiral of public perception and instead of getting ahead of the negative press with their own public news releases via Nintendo Direct, they chose to handle this as if the public doesn’t exist. Since the start of the NX, they’ve been letting the news run amok because they haven’t addressed any of it publicly. I don’t get it.

These are trying times indeed.

"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Apr 27, 2016

It’s definitely not a good place to be in, they have an opportunity to remind everyone why they’re so beloved, but don’t seem poised to take advantage of it. I will say I am not worried that they will pull a Sega and give up early without one hell of a fight. Then again, who would have thought Sega would kill their best console before it could really show its true power.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

POSTED BY elheber on Apr 28, 2016

A bunch of smaller outlets that are dedicated to Nintendo, such as GameXplain and NintendoLife have stated that they’re afraid of their respective channels this year. “E3 is going to be rough for us,” essentially. Few games to cover, little news to pour over, and more months of having to scavenge for rumors and speculation instead of actual news.

That’s got to suck so hard. My heart goes out to those poor souls.

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Apr 28, 2016

I checked out both sites, wish I had as many users as they do. I wonder what the specific worries are, I’d help out if I could but we’re in a worse position than they are, though not at risk of closing anytime soon. This thing is paid for for the next 5 years and hosting is only about $220 a year right now.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.