Some Forum Issues I Think Should be Addressed
  • POSTED BY elheber on Oct 25, 2016

Here’s a few things I think need to be addressed, sn0w.

• Create New Topic should be at the top (collapsible/expandable) or at least there should be a link at the top that scrolls you down to the Create New Topic form.
    • Clicking on the Notifications Icon when you have a notification should take you to the notifications tab instead of the activity tab.
    • Clicking on a link in your notifications tab should take you to the post that it’s notifying you about, instead of taking you to the first page of the forum topic.
    • In long threads, next page links should also be at the top (just like they are in the forum page).
    • The forum and thread pages could stand to be much more condensed. There’s a lot of wasted space.

Also, I don’t know if the Bulleted List and Numered List formatting has been fixed yet. I’ll find out after I hit the submit button.

"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Oct 25, 2016

Thanks for the feedback.

I started work on the profile pages and forums a few weeks ago, but shortly after that I started to get sick again and haven’t really been able to find the energy to get back to work on it. As it sits right now the whole thing is in flux, most of it still needs to be changed and tweaked. I’m hopeful to get back to work on things soon, I’d like this done by January 1st.

As for your list…

1. There is a ‘post new thread’ link at the top already, it could be worded better I guess.
    2. 2 and 3 are known bugs that I will fix soon(so long as I have the energy to stay awake). Both issues are related to the profile system we use which I have not yet spent much time modifying. I just barely started to work on it and jumped over here since I was more familiar with the forums software than the profile software.
    3. Paging systems will be coming back, just haven’t been able to get to it.
    4. I think the spacing issues will be fixed once the redesign has been finished, it’s supposed to borrow elements from the profile pages we designed.
    5. Forum Styling will be tweaked after the bulk of the redesign has been completed.

The forums should eventually look similar to these images…

Topics:

messages_v1-0_witkowski

Threads:

messages_details_v1-0_witkowski

The Interior threads look will also be used for the comment section. Minor alterations will be made, such as the Forums having info for most recent post on the right side and other important information. But for the most part this is what our goal is should I be able to get back to work on this thing.

Sorry if this shit is taking a long time to build, I want to work on it, but 5.30 comes around and I can barely keep myself upright some days.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Oct 27, 2016

#2 should be fixed now, if you have a notification, it will take you to the notifications page, if you do  not, it takes you to your profile page.

I will be working on bringing more of the dashboard area into the profile page, it was intended to replace the current dashboard with a more user friendly UI.

POSTED BY elheber on Oct 27, 2016

I never noticed the Post New Thread button at the top. Seems out of place next to forum links that take you out of your current forum.

Take your time to rest if you need it; I only posted this now because I saw a topic about you adding extra features (like the top posters thing), while there were still annoyances (like the bugged bullet-list text formatting) that hadn’t been tackled yet. I didn’t know you were still feeling down.

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Nov 18, 2016

A large portion of the forums refresh has been completed.

We still need to work on the responsive settings for the forums, they are completely unusable on mobile devices.

Flag Icon does not currently work.

Quote Icon will be added on Monday since the link for that was also broken.

Trash Icon same deal, adding on Monday after I get the links working.

Let me know what you think of the new look on the desktop, best viewed at 1920×1080 of course, below 1600 needs tweaking.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.