Problem with Article Paragraph Width/Embedded Image Size
  • POSTED BY elheber on Aug 11, 2016

This is what it looks like on my screen. My browser window is sized to maybe 1000px wide, thought this problem only started today. The images don’t resize with the width of the paragraph, so the paragraph width is expanded to the length of the oversize image.

"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Aug 15, 2016

This should be all fixed now. Sorry for the delay, moms bday on Friday and spent most the weekend trying to make sure it was special.

This was due to the image captions having a fixed width. I set these up on the blogs/review pages and forgot to add news pages to the style. I updated the code to display captions shortly after the Blogs section started getting used, anyone can now add a short comment on a photo in the content area of the article. In the future these will probably be layered over the top of the image to keep that magazine look we’ve been going for all this time.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

POSTED BY elheber on Aug 15, 2016

Oh, overlaid captions sound fantastic. We’ll need some control over the general placement (center, corners, etc.) and color of the text if this is the case. But, yeah, that sounds great.

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Aug 15, 2016

It would look exactly the same as the home page. White text, same sizes(based on screen size), on top of a shadow incase of white bg. Bottom right corner.

I can maybe add more options in the future, but right now I don’t have enough time to build a custom editor. I have ideas for custom edits, but not sure how to tackle those. I’d love to do a full gui on a review page where you build your article in a page that looks just like the final page will look once published. That’s quite far in the future though, too many other things need to be fixed first.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.