Posting News - Lets Talk About the Quickie
  • POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Oct 31, 2017

While everyone rants and raves about reviews and review scores, I like to know everything about gaming. What I mean is I’m very much into reading up on the latest gaming news in addition to seeing what others think about various games.

In the modern day of consuming information it has been clear that most people don’t want to spend 10 minutes reading through a big long article. Users become increasingly frustrated when many of those articles are filled to the brim with utter bullshit. We don’t need 8 paragraphs explaining a 140 character Tweet from Phil Spencer. Our answer at Gamelust was the Quickie.

Quickies are short articles, usually 2-3 paragraphs and rarely ever longer than 5 sentences. In addition, every Quickie should have a title that gives the user a clear idea of what the content will contain. i.e. I just posted a Quickie on the PUBG release reveal from earlier today. The only thing we got out of the video was the release date for the game on Xbox One, which I placed in both the content and the title. There literally was no other news to provide.

So the point of these is partly to provide information to those who wish to consume it in a small format that is easy to read on the go. It’s also there to make it easier to report the news and give our consumers a place to discuss the topic.

My hope is that this will help people understand this concept so that we will see more news being reported. As much as I want reviews, we need to offer more to our audience. I want people to tell me why they love games, and that includes the games they haven’t played yet. If you see some information that comes out and you cream a little over it, find the original source(official site, press release, YouTube reveal, etc) and post a small blurb about it so we can share that excitement with others.

If you have any questions, follow up with me by replying. Like everything here this is always an open discussion.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.