Partially Updated Comment System and Forums
  • POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Nov 14, 2016

Made some cosmetic changes to the comment system in the news & review pages. They now have the same look & feel as the private messages/forums will have. We will update the 4 icons for reply, flag, vote up, and vote down hopefully tomorrow. I also plan to add the user icons for each person who upvoted or downvoted a comment.

I also updated a small section of the forums home page, renamed Top Posters to The Addicted. Would prefer a title with a bit more jackassery to it, but it’ll do for now. Going to update each of the main forum boxes with at least one recent topic, maybe two, to make navigation a little easier. I know there are hooks that will allow me to display how many new threads/replies there have been since your last visit, just have to figure out how to use them. This way if someone has replied to, or created a new topic, I can put a link to that topic on the forum home and allow you guys to navigate directly to that thread instead of having to click through the topic list to find it.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

POSTED BY Joel Castro on Nov 21, 2016

The forum looks pretty good right now……on desktop. On mobile, it’s virtually impossible to read anything, because everything gets squashed vertically.

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Nov 21, 2016

Yeah, I was aware of the problems on mobile, thought I had left a note on the mobile problems last Friday.

Mobile stages are not fixed yet, but they should be good enough for use on a mobile device right now. Spent a few hours finding and adjusting the font size and padding on a lot of items. I won’t be able to tweak it with the final settings until tomorrow. Some things are still not working either. The buttons currently do not work, images disappeared from the forum list on mobile, just too much info to cram into a tiny little spot.

It’s getting close though. We feel pretty confident in this current design that I am fairly sure we won’t be redesigning the forums again. Took 3 tries to get it right, but we got it.

Once the forums are finished up, we’ve got some responsive work on a few other pages to do, I’ve got some fixes for the ajax to work on, and the user profile pages. Once that is all complete we can actually say this site is 100% complete and ready for production. Though we’ve been running it like it was already ready, it wasn’t. I don’t think anyone really noticed except for the handful of people who visit regularly.

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Nov 21, 2016

I have not optimized commenting for mobile yet. I’ll clean that up tomorrow.

POSTED BY elheber on Dec 01, 2016

I can’t find the edit button anymore.

"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."

"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Dec 01, 2016

Those links are being replaced by icons, haven’t had a chance to do the work to finish that project off.

Probably won’t get to work on that until Monday.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.