One Week Until Black Friday. What Are You Buying?
  • POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Nov 18, 2016

It’s Friday, but not THE Friday we’re all waiting for. But THAT Friday is only one week away and I’m starting to get excited!

I think I’ve held back quite a bit this year on my gaming budget. Last year I calculated that I had pre-ordered over $650 in games from September through December, this year only about $300 so far. Needless to say I’ll probably work my way a bit closer to the previous years expenditure before Cyber Monday has passed.

One thing I’m pretty sure I’ll be buying is Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, looking like it’ll be on sale for $30(Best Buy) or 35 at most stores this holiday. I’m also seeing a lot of sales on the remasters, so Bioshock Collection($30 at Best Buy) and Skyrim SE($25 at Walmart) are on my list as well. SFV and Mirrors Edge Catalyst and Doom are all $20 at Best Buy. Maybe even grab Titanfall 2($35 at BB) and World of Final Fantasy($35 at Walmart).

Don’t know if I’ll grab all of them, but I’m getting excited just thinking about it.

What are you guys looking to grab next week?

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

POSTED BY Joel Castro on Nov 18, 2016

Not sure yet. I may get the Bioshock Collection, but I also really wanna get SOMA soon. Might just wait.

POSTED BY kaenna on Nov 23, 2016

I’m not certain yet. Just picked up Dishonored 2 and its taking me forever to finish because of how picky I am about exploring EVERY route.

Also Mastermetal, definitely get SOMA asap. The game is absolutely incredible, if you like Amnesia then you will love SOMA, the story is amazing and the setting is really good as well, definitely recommend!

POSTED BY Joel Castro on Nov 23, 2016

I’m enjoying it so far, though I kinda wish the monsters weren’t a part of the game. Can’t mod them out (PS4 version), so I gotta live with these extremely out of place encounters. Still, doesn’t totally undermine the game. It just hinders it from being truly amazing.

POSTED BY Joel Castro on Nov 25, 2016

Just bought a few games today. Got the Bioshock Collection on PSN, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 Remixes, and a 3DS game that’s a Christmas present for my wife (not saying in case she randomly reads this). I think I got some good deals overall, and I hope to share the wonders of Kingdom Hearts with my wife, who has never played them in her life.

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Nov 26, 2016

Sweet. I  need to check out Kingdom Hearts still, I think I played about 10 minutes of the very first one and that was all. Just came out at the wrong time when I was kind of burnt out on squareenix rpgs in general. I decided to pass on Bioshock, but that was all. Other than that, I had been putting a lot of effort into saving money for quite a few months so I could have another big Black Friday and oh man did I get some stuff. Started off on Amazon, got a few things for the site, but I want to talk about those last. Went to Best Buy after that, got a pair of 27″ HP monitors for the computer, a PSGold wireless headset and PSCamera for the PS4, Dead Pool on BD, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Skyrim SE, and Dishonored 2 all on Xbox. This was a sour moment for me though, appears Best Buy decided to take away the GCU benefits for the holiday sales, because of this I ended up putting about 6 or 7 more games back on the shelf. The price difference was only $24, but in that moment I had felt like someone had taken something from me, so I left the extra games and decided to buy them somewhere else. By the time the night was over, I had bought Titanfall 2(PS4), Far Cry Primal(Xbox), and No Mans Sky(PS4) from Walmart, and World of Final Fantasy(PS4), Dragon Quest Builders(PS4), Street Fighter V(PS4), and Doom(Xbox). Lastly I’m getting Mirrors Edge Catalyst on Xbox from GameFly.

As for that first item, well, I’ll be posting something about that in a new thread. Short version is I bought 4 microphones for the future podcast, for the long version, lets have that convo in a new thread.

POSTED BY Joel Castro on Nov 27, 2016

You can also add Fallout 4 to my Black Friday shopping list. It was 20 bucks, and I’ve been meaning to get back into it.

POSTED BY kaenna on Nov 29, 2016

Man you bought loads Snow! Some of those games I have played and they are amazing, Dishonored 2 especially, it’s really good fun. Also I don’t know how good you are at fighting games, but I’ve been getting into Street Fighter a bit recently so we could perhaps play sometime (I’m absolute garbage though!).

For myself I didn’t get much quantity wise. I picked up my HTC Vive though with a couple of games bundled but I wont be setting it up until Christmas as its partially a gift.

Aside from that I picked up a few pieces from the Unreal Engine marketplace on “cyber monday” since there were some really great deals on there.

The Black Friday weekend seemed really good though this year. I saw so many new releases at heavy discounts which was unexpected, although I may just not be used to the concept yet. I don’t know how long it has been a major thing elsewhere, but in the UK I don’t think it was really anything hugely special until 2-3 years ago.

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Nov 30, 2016

Oh I do this every year, I’m kind of an addict. :P

You’ve seen my game collection haven’t you? I believe I posted it here a while ago, probably on page 5 now.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.