Nintendo NX Predictions & Rumor Roundup Thread
  • POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Oct 14, 2015

Will the Nintendo NX be a traditional game console with some nice beefy power easily capable of 1080p 60fps? Or will it be some type of hybrid console/mobile with a gimmick like the previous Nintendo consoles? What do you think Nintendo has up their sleeve?

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

POSTED BY elheber on Nov 24, 2015

No matter what, there’s always something I think Nintendo should do and then there’s what Nintendo does. Never the two shall meet.

I think the NX should be a unified platform of different systems. A free PC platform like Steam that can play “console” NX games, a free mobile platform app for Android/iOS that can play “handheld” NX games, and a home console that can play all NX games. By doing this, they can reach a wide PC and mobile audience without them having to commit to buying a home console. The NX would be the living-room version of all that, able to play in the style of a traditional console with all the trimmings like actual controller ports and full Virtual Console support.

What I think Nintendo will do is something I can’t expect. Nintendo is the hardest company to predict.

"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Mar 07, 2016

Thought I’d add an update to the NX rumor and predictions thread. These are the current rumored Specs and a few of the rumored games for the console.

• Console will be a Home Console/Handheld hybrid.
    • Multiple sources claim the machine will be about as powerful as an Xbox One with graphics at 900p/60fps.
    • Handheld attachment will be able to play NX games on the go and can also be daisy chained with the primary console to increase its power.
    • NX consoles that are connected to the internet will be used for cloud processing for other NX consoles.
    • Possible touch screen controller which can have custom button layouts as determined by the developers, guessing a ‘pro’ controller will also exist for traditional gaming.
    • Concept will be discussed at GDC, with a reveal at E3 2016, and at least one part of the console hybrid will go on sale Holiday 2016.

Some of the rumored games so far include…

• Legend of Zelda NX
    • Dragon Quest X
    • Dragon Quest XI
    • Final Fantasy VII Remake
    • Beyond Good & Evil 2
    • Pokemon Moon & Sun

POSTED BY elheber on Mar 07, 2016

I have an entirely different set of rumors:

• It looks like a handheld merged with a smartphone. Like if “a Samsung and the Nintendo 2DS had a baby.”

• There’s no set-top unit. All you plug to your TV is a proprietary wireless HDMI dongle.

• The video streaming tech is the evolved form of how the Wii U streams to the GamePad.

• The analog sticks have haptic force feedback. It has resistive force the way PC steering wheels push back on you.

• The device can tether to multiple other devices together including your phone, and even allows to you text & call through your TV.

• In terms of power, it’ll be closet to the Xbox One. Same hardware layout as the PS4 and XBO, so I guess that means x86 architecture.

• Extremely easy to port from the PS4 or XBO to the NX. Even easier to port from Android or if it uses Unreal Engine 4. Not sure how that works.

• I looks friendly, but it doesn’t look like a typical Nintendo device. The Nintendo OS it runs on looks a lot like Android, but they’re working on it so it isn’t confusingly similar.

A lot of rumors coming out are rather conflicting. The haptic feedback is what has me most interested in this recent one.

Sauce: http://www.gamnesia.com/news/rumor-a-leaker-with-a-great-track-record-revealed-megatons-of-info-about-ni

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Mar 07, 2016

I was going to start a new post entirely but it was too much work so I just added an update here. A lot of the ones you added remind me more of what I heard about the handheld half of the system. Cross between Samsung & 2ds, tethering(same thing I meant when I said daisy chained). I missed the wireless HDMI, knew of it but couldn’t remember it, the haptic feedback as well. I like some of the ideas they have, I just wish they’d put out a system that was at least more powerful than the PS4, this late to the game anything less than 1080p/60fps is kind of an insult to the gamer, especially if this device costs $300 or more. They launch at $299 this year and both Xbox and PS4 will drop to $249 or less instantly.

I do wonder one thing though, what if some of these ‘rumors’ were actually leaked by Nintendo to gauge interest in each idea. Flood the internet with a bunch of rumors, half of which are real, but enough false information to keep the actual machine a total secret.

POSTED BY elheber on Mar 23, 2016

In recent news, someone supposedly posted a picture of the NX’s controller.

"Leaked" NX Controller

Doesn’t look legit.

It looks like if someone based their design directly on the patents but didn’t notice that the one in the patents had grips.

Nintendo Controller Patent

POSTED BY elheber on Mar 23, 2016

Another update. A new set of images are really doubling down on this supposed leak. The images below were provided by perkele37 over here at Reddit. They show a black one this time, turned off.

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Mar 25, 2016

Don’t know if you saw the article on gamespot or not, but these controller leaks turned out to be fake. At the end of the day though, thank god! I think the idea is neat for a handheld, but I don’t want to play games on a home console with that controller. Wouldn’t mind seeing how that design can evolve though.

POSTED BY elheber on Mar 28, 2016

Unconfirmed rumors say the screen will have physical buttons. Someone made an unofficial concept of what they want it to look like, and the idea of an edge-to-edge screen is pretty cool. Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udkU101fFOk

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Mar 28, 2016

Really hoping it is nothing like this. Just using my phone for 30 seconds and I have to clean it off, this’ll be a nightmare to keep clean.

POSTED BY elheber on Apr 15, 2016

There’s been tons of new rumors cropping up that deserve a bit of credibility:

Emily Rogers said Zelda Wii U will be ported to the NX (no duh), will be fully voice cast except for Link, and players will have the option to play as either a boy or girl Link. Her rumors were corroborated by what’s -his-face from Nintendo World Report.

Then a shorter while ago, new rumors from various sources (including but not limited to Emily Rogers again) claimed that the NX is getting remasters of Splatoon, Mario Maker and Smash Bros. Alongside this rumor, the original source also said the NX was more powerful than the PS4 by “a noticeable amount,” whatever the butts that means.

I don’t particularly believe any of these. I WANT a bunch of them, don’t get me wrong. I’ve wanted to play a female Link since I saw the Zelda U trailer and thought, “that’s a girl, isn’t it?! That’s actually supah cool!” And 6 vs. 6 Splatton sounds like a dream. But Emily Rogers also said that we were getting a Mother 3 English release soon and that didn’t happen. And the guy from NeoGAF doesn’t have any backup for his rumors other than later when Emily Rogers chimed in to corroborate it… which at that point makes me wonder why she didn’t leak it herself if she had that info.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by elheber.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by elheber.

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Apr 15, 2016

So now Link can be a girl? Imagine someday when Link and Zelda have their lesbian love scene! Ooohlala!

POSTED BY NaughtyOttsel on Apr 15, 2016

As a Zelda fanboy, I don’t want a female Link :/

POSTED BY elheber on Apr 15, 2016

I’ve always preferred female heroes to male heroes, not because of some feminism thing but because I sort of grew up that way. I grew up with a single mom and 3 older sisters (the youngest of which is 11 years older than me), so I sort of always felt like leading ladies were pretty cool and it just didn’t happen often enough in movies and games. Games like Super Metroid and Perfect Dark, and movies like Terminator 2 were right in my wheelhouse. I felt like an orphan begging producers, “please sir, may I have some more?” But few games went in that direction.

So if Aonuma would’ve said, “this Zelda game has a female Link,” then I would have responded with a, “finally!” It’s not like Link is one single person anyway.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.