New Homepage has gone live. Let us know your thoughts and share concerns.
  • POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Aug 16, 2017

Hey everyone. I’m sure you’ve noticed we’ve made a fairly significant upgrade to the home page here. I’d like to talk about why for a second, and then I’d like your help.

The main reason we’ve made this change is because we anticipate the website growing in popularity over the next few years and the old layout simply did not cut it for a community driven site. We came to realize that it was important to you guys as creators to see your name on our home page, but the basic news feed was way too small to really give you any exposure at all. This new side-rail we’re using allows us to have the last 60 non-featured articles on the home page. We’re hopeful that this will make it easier to find new content and new creators. The other reasons are simply this design looks A LOT better than the old one. By eliminating the old wide image it also makes it easier for us to maintain the news articles and keep the website looking good for all of our readers.

Now, I do want your help. If you’re able to, I’d love to see a screenshot of what our site looks like on your computer. This will greatly help us identify problems with the site design so everyone can have the same great experience no matter what device they browse on. Please include which browser you are using(Chrome/Edge/Firefox/Other, no version necessary) and what window size you’re viewing at if possible. We’ve optimized the website for mobile(landscape & portrait), tablet, older desktop(1024), laptop(1366), and various hd desktops(1600 & 1920). We’ve also added a few intermediate stages for the few people browsing in between the standard screen sizes.

Thank you for your help in making this the best gaming website on the planet.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

POSTED BY Rex ranae on Aug 27, 2017

Overall, I like it a lot. One concern I have is there doesn’t seem to be a link to the forums anywhere – I think we won’t get any more traffic in the forums if the only way to find them is through the WordPress user profile.

I’ve attached requested screens from Win 10, 1080p, Firefox. Two are windowed, and two are fullscreen. In the second fullscreen shot I think there should be a link to the forums there if possible

As an aside, I’m also unable to upload images, and have been for a while – it doesn’t look like a permissions issue, but rather something wrong with the interface. I can’t do it on any computer, but have provided images of this issue here from both Firefox and Edge

Windowed img 1

Windowed img 2

Fullscreen img 1

Fullscreen img 2

Broken upload interface Firefox

Broken upload interface Edge

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Aug 27, 2017

Thanks for the images, I see the issues with the uploader and will try to fix them tonight or tomorrow. Leaving notes here for when I get access to a decent editing tool.

change color on .supports-drag-drop .uploader-inline .drop-instructions to #000
    force height on .media-frame .uploader-inline, display: table-row fixes it.

You can drag and drop an image onto the window, but that isn’t so obvious when the text for displaying it isn’t there. It could also be that the layer the listener is on might be set to height of zero as well, so the event might not be firing. I see some menu issues as well.

We moved the Forums link down to the call out boxes, and it was supposed to move into the main menu as well. Working on a new sub menu for the dashboard/profile button in the top right corner. Trying to make it easier to navigate the site overall. Old links were easy for switching between the archive pages, but updating or even using your profile was a hassle. Also about to introduce the new Jobs section, you may have seen that in the menu, hopefully the service will help aspiring content creators move on to paying jobs, or better, come back to us once we can afford to pay.

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Aug 27, 2017

Confirmed Drag & Drop still works, just doesn’t display text/button.

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Aug 28, 2017

Adjusted the settings on the uploader so it should display properly now. It shows on my work PC but I will double check at home if it is fixed.

Forums has been added to the main menu along with the other missing menu items from the top right.

Adjusted menu to use Icons for platform choices to free up room for the longer menu system on most devices.

Custom login page half-done, tested and working but needs cleaning up.

Let me know if the changes for Chrome did anything to your experience on Firefox or Edge. I’ll test at home but experience may not be the same as yours.

POSTED BY Rex ranae on Sep 17, 2017

So far so good with image upload and seeing the links to the forums. I’ll let you know if I come across anything funky!

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Sep 25, 2017

Appears that the Image Uploader is broken again. Something changed and my corrections are no longer being applied. I’ll be looking into this sometime this week, hope to have a fix real soon.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.