My Big Black Friday Purchase and The Future of Gamelust!
  • POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Nov 26, 2016

We’ve been talking about it for a bit now, but I hadn’t yet made a move to make it real. That has changed. I ended up doing a lot of research yesterday on what I would need in order to setup a fairly high quality podcast. On a whim I went to Amazon to check out a few of the top rated mics, and found one of the recommended mics on sale for $25 each so I bought 4 of them(https://www.amazon.com/Floureon-Condenser-Recording-Broadcasting-Microphone/dp/B00Q4RGQHY/ref=pd_rhf_dp_p_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=YQMD1CP790EH9KC8NPGJ). I have also picked out a 4 port multicom, a 4 port mixer, and all of the cabling  that I will need in order to setup a recording studio that is close to the quality of Podcast Unlocked. I’ve also talked with one of the video guys from upstairs at work about helping me setup a studio by giving advice on how to properly light the room, where to place the cameras, as well as how to integrate my gaming collection into the show.

I would say not to expect to see this show for a while. I ‘m planning on taking the next 12 months to spread out the cost of buying the equipment and setting up the studio. I also have found tutorials on how to add skype audio through the mixer so that we can bring in guests from outside of chicago for a show.  We’ll talk more about that as we get closer to this being a reality, hopefully I can find at least 2 other people to be regular hosts with me and record a test show or two just to prepare. As I have said before, I want the shows to be the same quality you get from the site. So expect us to aim for IGN quality shows.

As for the future of the site, well, Marcin(the designer) and I are getting really close to finishing off the responsive design on the site. This basically means that come January 1st, if you find anything wrong on the site, that isn’t meant to happen. From that point on please let me know any problems you notice so I can fix them, this site will no longer be in beta.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

POSTED BY Joel Castro on Nov 26, 2016

Hopefully everything will work out for the best. I’d love to be a guest commentator on the podcast if I’m ever in your area. Seems like you have everything well planned out, so just waiting for the results of this venture.

POSTED BY kaenna on Nov 29, 2016

Sounds awesome! Lots of positive news moving forwards it seems which is great. I like that you will have the option of having remote guests through Skype too, means that once the show is regular, you will be able to have different “remote guests” each time if you wanted.

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Nov 30, 2016

Yeah, I have a few people on both sides of the pond who I would consider bringing into the podcast via Skype. Though I would say that that part of the plan is 18-24 months out. I want to get at least 4 regular hosts plus myself so that we always have at least 3 people on the show. The current plan would only allow for 4 hosts total, so the long distance hosting would have to be planned ahead, especially for anyone in the UK since there’s roughly a 6 hour time difference between where I live(and will host the show) and most of my UK friends.

It’s gonna be tough though, I have to find these other 4 people first, and they aren’t exactly falling out of the sky for me right now. Part of me is afraid I’ll be sitting here 12 months from now with a fully built studio ready for production with no one to host the show and worse, no audience.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.