Just got banned from GameSpot
  • POSTED BY elheber on Nov 25, 2015

I just got banned from GameSpot today. Saw that one of my comments in their Feedback forum was deleted. This is essentially what was deleted:

The only way the new scrolling feature would be good is if it scrolled you into a better website.

That, including the image, was my post. I had posted it it (or I thought I did) but it wasn’t there, so I thought I didn’t hit the Send button. So I wrote it up again and posted it again. I came back later to check the site and tried to comment but it said I was banned. Then I looked everywhere to see if I had any warnings listed and I had none. As far as I can tell, I’d never gotten any warning. At least if I was warned the first time, I would have known my post was deleted for being… I don’t know… offensive to GameSpot?

Anyway, I just sent an e-mail to see if either the ban gets reversed or if I could at least be told why I was banned without warning.

"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Nov 25, 2015

You’ve got to be joking! WTF is up with those idiots? They seriously get fucking childish if you criticize them at all.

I’m sorry to hear this, there are a lot of users who deserve to get banned, you weren’t one of them.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Nov 25, 2015

I’m sure gamespot wont be happy with me, I just gave them the quick fix to get rid of that shitty bar at the bottom, they seem to think we’re all idiots. Took me literally 20 seconds to find the specific class for that article bar, and make it disappear with css. I even told them what line to edit in their css. lol

I bet Lark will have steam coming out of his ears.

POSTED BY elheber on Nov 27, 2015

My ban was lifted. No word or reply… I was just able to post again today. I didn’t even get a reply on my e-mail. My guess is that is was either a temporary ban, or a provisional ban while they review my case to the higher ups who then found out I was cool.

Well, whatever. Next time I post one of my sassy critiques, I’ll make sure to accompany it with non-sass critiques so they can’t delete it for not providing “actual” feedback.

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Dec 01, 2015

Well you can add me to the list of people who have been banned for speaking out against the new site design on gamespot. I have been accused of derailing the feedback section, and one of the staff are flagging my posts so I can’t post. I believe digitaldame is the one doing it, but hiding behind the gamespot account to do it.
    So much work to do here to get the site ready, wish I could just tell everyone over there to come here and be free from the Hitler-esque oppression of gamespot.

POSTED BY elheber on Dec 01, 2015

GameSpot is falling apart.

BTW, how can you tell when you’ve been flagged? I don’t know where I can see my warnings or whatever.

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Dec 01, 2015

I get this message wherever a reply form should exist.

Screen Shot 2015-12-01 at 3.50.59 PM

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.