It's Too Quiet. Someone Say Something!
  • POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Aug 16, 2017

Let’s get this party started! We’ve got nearly 50 new users in the past month, come chat with us friends!

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

POSTED BY Rex ranae on Aug 27, 2017

Hey guys, sorry for the silence. As some of you may know, I just completed a big cross-country move to start a new job. So I had a lot on my plate leading up to that, and… well now my new job is eating up my time in a serious way. It’s a great opportunity, but has had a big impact on my rest and relaxation time.

Anyway, update on me: I’m still working my way through Horizon Zero Dawn – but once I’d completed the move, I couldn’t resist snatching up a Switch when one randomly appeared on the shelf of my new local Target and wasn’t posted as in-stock online yet… so BotW has captured my very limited gaming time in a serious way. It’s a great game, and the system is pretty neat (although there are clear quirks to be dealt with)

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Aug 27, 2017

Hey man, nice to hear about the new job and congrats. Totally understand not having much free-time and as I’ve said before, as much as I love you guys, life is more important than my crazy little corner of the internet here. We’ll be here eager for your return when time permits. :)

Really want to get a Switch but it’s out of the question financially until after I get the X1X and the 4K TV, those are higher on my wish list. I’ll probably end up with one before the end of the year though, gotta get Zelda and both Mario games with it.

I really haven’t been playing any games, I keep buying them but not even unwrapping them. Spending all of my time here trying to finish this thing off or writing.

POSTED BY Rex ranae on Sep 17, 2017

Yeah this new job is an insane time suck. But I’m much much happier at it than I was before.

The Switch is great – Zelda continues to dominate my mind, but I also got Mario Kart for my birthday and it’s a gem (as they almost always tend to be). One game I’m looking forward to is Octopath – I played the demo yesterday and it’s a real old-school gem without feeling like they were trying to make it one. Just an organic game

POSTED BY Rex ranae on Sep 17, 2017

BTW, just posted a preview of Octopath here – https://gamelust.com/news/octopath-traveler-old-school-rpg-doesnt-feel-old/ :-)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.