I Saw Dr. Strange and it is a Trip
  • POSTED BY elheber on Nov 06, 2016

I think Marvel has found the secret sauce that prevents them from making a bad movie. In the same way Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man were different than the other Marvel movies (one being a space adventure and the other a heist movie), Dr. Strange also goes in its own direction while still feeling like a superhero movie. You’ll get a sense that magic can be integrated into the larger Marvel Cinematic mythos, and that Captain America or Iron Man could reasonably fight against mages if it ever came to that.

The movie gets trippy as hell. Think Thet Matrix or Inception-level mindfucks. Although not as intellectual as Inception, you may enjoy the movie solely on the feeling of mind expansion you get while watching it. It’s the feeling you may also share in Harry Potter or Alice in Wonderland when you see portraits talk or shrinking cakes. You should definitely see in IMAX 3D if it’s available to you.

This is another Benedict Cumberbatch vehicle for all the Cumberbitches (that’s what they call themselves, don’t hate me). He nails it. He’s like Dr. House of magic. Or like the Tony Stark of the medical surgeon field. However, Dr. Strange goes on a journey to learn humility, which is a little different than Stark’s journey for responsibility.

SO! Should you watch it?

If you enjoy Marvel movies, this is a sure shot. If you liked The Matrix, Inception or Harry Potter, the movie could be worth it just for the visuals and sense of wonder alone. And if you’re a fan of Cumberbatch or arrogant geniuses like Hugh Laurie’s Dr. House, there’s no reason to miss this.

"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."

"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."

POSTED BY kaenna on Nov 09, 2016

Sounds excellent. I’ve seen the trailers and heard some great things about it recently. I definitely wanna check it out when I can although sadly it will be in old fashioned 2D.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.