I Just Binge Watched Stranger Things Because Everybody Told Me To
  • POSTED BY elheber on Aug 22, 2016

Have you ever been in public and one of your friends briefly mentions the title of a movie/show/book, and then some stranger interjects on your conversation to praise it? This happened to me three times with Stranger Things on Netflix. Once while at the movie theater, the guy sitting alone in front of us turned around to say, “yeah, it’s that good! BELIEVE IT!” Once more in my local comic shop, and then once by a friend of a friend when we were at a dive bar.

This happened to me more often than it did for other (better) shows like Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones. So was it as good or better than those shows?

Nah. It was good. Really good, in fact. But all the hype that surrounded it really soured my cherries by perhaps raising┬ámy expectations far beyond what was realistic. I’d give it an 9/10 because I’ve got a nostalgia boner for 80’s story┬átropes. If I were unbiased, maybe I’d give it an 8/10.

You might really like this, especially if you’re a fan of classic mystery supernatural thriller stuff from the Spielberg/Carpenter era. Just don’t go in with false hype.

"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."

"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Aug 22, 2016

I keep hearing that I have to watch this, I guess I’d better get to it while I still have time!

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.