Has the last game you played aged well?
  • POSTED BY Joel Castro on Oct 26, 2016

So yeah, if you’ve played an older game recently, this applies to you the most. The last game you played: did it age well at all? Or is it an outdated piece of media compared to what we see today? I don’t really count because the last game I played was Bloodborne, and that game is only a year old, so I’d say it’s a bit too soon. However, I still consider it the best designed From Software game to date in terms of level design, combat, and even its overall narrative structure.

POSTED BY elheber on Oct 26, 2016

I can’t recall which game was the last old game I’ve played. I played 75 minutes of BioShock 2 Remastered according to Steam, so probably about an hour of it. I can’t say anything feels dated about it; although if I were playing the original BioShock I would probably complain that each mouse button isn’t tied to its own attack.

That said, game felt overly scripted to my modern tastes.

"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."

"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."

POSTED BY Joel Castro on Oct 27, 2016

Ehhh, plenty of overly scripted games still feel great to play for most people. I’m talking mostly about mechanics and their intuitiveness. Personally, I don’t think having too much or too little to do in a game is that big a deal.

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Oct 27, 2016

Ive played so many games that I dont even know which ones to talk about. I feel like this is more suited towards the retro scene, so I’ll go with one of the last retro titles I played. Test Drive: Eve of Destruction. It was a game on the original Xbox and Playstation 2, and honestly I thought it was pretty damn fun. Then again, it’s one of those type of games that you really can’t screw up. It’s your basic destruction derby game with all the game modes you would expect, figure 8 racing, oval racing, and the traditional 10 car free-for-all smashfest.

I think going back and playing some of these games on the old Xbox only made me appreciate the era even more. Those days were the days when games were simply fun and the graphics weren’t ultra important. I wish game developers would go back and play some of those old games so they could rediscover what made all of us fall in love with this medium in the first place.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.