Comment System Updated
  • POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Sep 24, 2016

Though you may not be able to notice it right away, the comment system underwent a nice little overhaul this week. I was able to reduce the file size by almost 60% and cut the load on the server by at least 300%. There is now an unlimited level of depth to the comment system, threads can go 20 replies deep and still have room for more. I also updated the page to display how long since it has been since a comment was added. Dates are there as well but not displayed, we’re going to add that in a different location when we revamp the look of the comments to better fit the theme of the site.

I will be updating the comment system ajax to use a template to generate updated comments, as well as updating the system to check for new updates every 30 seconds and display a button with the option to load the new comments. I will add some of the highlights intended for the Node JS comment system as well. We should have the same type of Real Time Commenting that GameSpot had 2 years ago ready for use by the end of Winter 2017.

In addition, a custom wysiwyg is back in development for the comment system, this will include basic features like bold, italics, links and the usual suspects. We will also add the ability to post images to the comments as well, maybe even add a few common meme’s people can choose from for an automatic reply.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.