Changes to the Open Source Forum Policy
  • POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Nov 17, 2016

Hey guys. Wanted to post this little update so that everyone would know how to use this section of the forums. I now have access to one of the large gaming press release hubs and will be simply copying & pasting some of the official press releases from there into here. I also have registered with several of the major publishers to be added to their press release mailing list which I will also post in here.

Moving forward I would appreciate if the title would include a small amount of information to indicate where the news comes from. Though this is not a requirement, this is just to help others understand what type of information they will find once they open the thread. A few examples…

• If the news source comes from a social network, add that social network to the title.
      [ Twitter – Major Nelson announces 3 additions to Xbox Backcompat ]
    • If the news source comes from a press release, simply add “Press Release” to the title.
      [ Press Release – New Free DLC For Rainbow Six Siege Available Today ]
    • If the news comes from a confidential source, include the word “Rumor” at the front of the title.
      [ Rumor – The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Delayed Until Summer 2017 ]
    • Lastly, if the news source comes from an announcement on a publishers/developer/game website or forums, put Official Announcement at the front.
      [ Official Announcement – Tom Clancy’s: The Division – Survival DLC comes to Xbox One and PC Nov 22 ]

A ‘brief’ summary will no longer be necessary, though you are welcome to provide one if you desire.

In addition to including a link to the original source(required), I would appreciate a recommended format for the article as well. For example, most of the news that comes from Twitter or YouTube really does not warrant a full article, so a recommendation to write a ‘quickie’ article would make the most sense here.

Users can then reply to a post to reserve the source for a news article posted to our site.

The only restriction is that I do not want any posts that come from other media sites like GameSpot or IGN. If you find news on a site like those, track down the original source before you post the news. If the source is unconfirmed(i.e. rumor) from somewhere like NeoGAF, please include examples of previously leaked news from the source that proved to be accurate if possible. For all writers: Please do your research, we will provide you with the information you need to provide quality content, but it is up to you to verify the validity of each statement you quote.

I am hopeful this section can provide potential creators with a few ideas for articles they can write up if they are looking for an idea or topic.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.