And GameSpot just shot themselves in the foot.
  • POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Jul 20, 2016

I know not everyone here is as against these shitty taboola ads as I am, but there are a lot of people who quite frankly are sick and tired of having this shit shoved down our throats by greedy companies like CBS(GameSpots’ owner). I bet people will be looking for an ad-free website to get their news, and we should be letting people know we’re here.

I’ve figured out how to block their latest attempt to force ads on us, most won’t though.

If you are like me and want a nice clean site that only displays gaming content, edit your blocklist in AdBlock to have *.taboola.com/*, it’ll block the script they use to load ads post render. I also added *.goroost.com/* to get rid of the annoying notification bell at the top, hate that thing.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

POSTED BY elheber on Jul 20, 2016

There’s a setting to disable the bell. I disabled it via the settings. I think it’s called “Show Desktop Notifications.”

"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."

"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Jul 20, 2016

I had forgotten about that, when they first introduced it they hadn’t mentioned that and it was on my ad-block, so I tried to add it back to the block list. It’s something that should have been optional in the sense you have to turn it on, not off.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.