Shooting the Shit Give Me Ideas for Youtube Series Reply To: Give Me Ideas for Youtube Series

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Jul 27, 2016

I had ideas for our gamelust channel a while back but I couldn’t find anyone local to do them with. They were all based around my obnoxiously huge gaming collection and I envisioned the concept being at least 3 to 4 people total on screen. Stuff like ‘show off your gaming room’. Or one called ‘throwback thursdays’ where me and a couple of friends record ourselves playing retro games and just acting like big fucking nerds the whole time, pop in a copy of Stubbs the Zombie on Xbox or Smash Melee on GC and watch us act like schoolgirls at a Bieber concert kind of shit. I had also planned to do stuff like the videos GameSack does where they take a single old or obscure console and make a whole 30 minute show out of it. I think the concept is good, but those two guys are so fucking boring they make even the best games a total yawnfest!

I don’t know how many games you have so I’m not sure if the retro or collecting aspect would work for your channel.

Everything else I can think of is something many others do already, but what I do like to see in a ‘Lets Play’ or something similar is some personality. And I don’t mean some Francis type shit acting like a toddler throwing a hissy fit. I mean the kind of shit I built this site for, real passion, real “oh shit” moments.

I will tell you the one thing I hate, and that’s videos where someone just talks over some footage of a game and I don’t actually see the person on camera. Though part of this is because I have my own battles with not wanting to be seen on camera, self confidence issues.

Here is a question for you. What channels do you like to watch on YouTube? Personally, I’m a big fan of this guy called MetalJesusRocks. He’s from Seattle and has a ton of guests on his show, uploads about 2 times a week. A lot of his guests are collectors like me and they all have like 2000 to 5000 games. I have also watched that GameSack channel I mentioned, but I’m not a big fan of them. I like “The Know” as well, though I think they do a lot of speculation and can be fairly inaccurate. My all time favorites though would involve anything with Adam Sessler of G4/XPlay fame or Ryan Mccaffrey from IGN. I am also becoming a fan of Marty Sliva from IGN as well. I like these guys because when I watch them I feel like they actually mean what they say. And I really enjoyed watching Sessler when he was on Rev3 games on YouTube, it was interesting to see a couple of gamers just sit back, crack a beer, and talk about games for 15-30 minutes.

I’m rambling again so I’ll cut it off here. lol

Last thing I’ll add, if you would be interested in sharing the content at all, I’d love to have something to toss on the gamelust YouTube channel. In fact, if you’re big into YouTube, you could help us out and run our YouTube channel.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.