Shooting the Shit Games You Dislike That Everyone Else Loves Reply To: Games You Dislike That Everyone Else Loves

POSTED BY elheber on Jul 21, 2016

If Destiny doesn’t count, I don’t know what game I’m supposed to mention then. Lots of people love strategy games like Civilization and racing sims like Forza or Gran Turismo, and those games I don’t like myself, but I know they’re great games. I don’t actively hate them, they’re just not for me so I don’t personally want to play them. This limits me to only games within genres that I like.

I have to think of games that I think are bad games that everyone loves, but you get to the point where you realize that if everyone loves them then they must not be bad games. And if they aren’t bad games, why would I actively dislike them? Destiny was able bypass this because I’m blaming it for using psychological tricks to manipulate players into only thinking they like it. Like adding cocaine in your soda recipe.

Crash Bandicoot (PS1 era) games maybe? Though I’m not sure if they were actually loved or not. It was a mediocre platforming game that tried to market itself as a brand new genre just because the camera was in a new spot. Perhaps it was beloved only by obligation… Nintendo had just released Super Mario 64, and Sony fans needed to defend their own mascot no matter how pedestrian the game was.

Hmm. Yeah, I guess Crash Bandicoot counts.

"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."

"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."