Shooting the Shit Games You Dislike That Everyone Else Loves Reply To: Games You Dislike That Everyone Else Loves

POSTED BY elheber on Jul 20, 2016

Ah man, I was having real trouble thinking of one. For the most part, even games I don’t enjoy I can still understand why others would love them so it makes it hard for me to hate them. I had to google this subject to see if any results could get my brain juices flowing and thankfully, it did.

Destiny. That game is a vile scheme. On a scale of one to ten in terms of harmful monetization systems (2 being Overwatch cosmetics only and 10 being Zynga games), Destiny probably sits somewhere around a 4 or 5. Not excruciatingly bad. The real qualm I have with it is where it sits on a scale from one to ten for being a skinner box. It’s probably a 9 or 10 on that one. The game was mathematically crafted to be as addicting as possible. It’s like Zynga games except tailored to the core gamer audience. Everything in the game is built specifically in service to hooking the Halo/CoD audience to it like MMOs do to their audience. It’s the kind of game where anyone who quits for an extended period of time will look back on it and think, “boy, why did I ever spend so much time on that game. It seems like it was such a waste of time in hindsight.” Destiny is Behavioral Engineering: The Game.

It’s such a shame you didn’t like RE4, mastermetal. I suppose it isn’t for everyone.

I never played the original RE for more than a few minutes, and never got my hands on REmake. I own it on Steam though… maybe I’ll get to it one of these days.

"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."

"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."