Shooting the Shit Eiji Aonuma Apparently Proving Me Right Reply To: Eiji Aonuma Apparently Proving Me Right

POSTED BY elheber on Jul 20, 2016

Nah, I didn’t read too much into “one solitary encounter.” Firstly, the examples he gave were two; the same as the first two I gave. Then I went on in my article with 3 more examples and then mentioned I saw many more during the live stream that I didn’t go over because they’re too many. There’s an encounter with explosive barrels up a hill (like the boulders, but explosive). An encounter right after attaining a fire rod with enemies on a wooden platform near field of dry grass (you light the field, it catches fire, it burns their wooden fort with them on it). I could go on and on, but I can’t make the article go on forever.

I’m not imagining things. They set these up like dominoes, but he’s calling it emergent gameplay. They aren’t even making it seem like unintentional solutions… it’s not like there are boulders everywhere; they’re only at places where they need to be used for something.

"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."

"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."