Shooting the Shit A More Positive Outlook Reply To: A More Positive Outlook

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Jul 15, 2016

I think nitpicking is an easy trap to fall into when you simply do not enjoy something. The more a game fails to meet your expectations, the more you search for a reason why.

Now, I respect that Craig found the game Life is Strange to be cringe worthy. I don’t expect us to always agree on these games. This is the exact reason why I specifically set out to have multiple reviews per game.

I want gamers to have as many opinions as possible,  and to find the reviewer that best fits thier tastes. I think this will lead to our users getting to play more games they will enjoy without spending as much money.

I think as long as we do not nitpick everything to death, it’s fine. What I tend to see a lot of is attention seeking hate. The hate bandwagon is very popular these days, and I weep for any one who boards it.

An example would be the massively popular Red Dead Redemption hate train a certain gaming sub-culture is trying to start now that the game is backwards compatible on the Xbox One. While the game isn’t the greatest game ever made, most can agree it is pretty damn good, or at least appreciate how others can feel this way. Yet for some reason, some of these so called gamers are willing to go as far as saying it’s “the worst game ever”. Really? Are you fucking kidding me? I can see if we’re taking about E.T. on the Atari,  which nearly killed gaming by itself. But not RDR. It’s not for everyone,  but it’s no where near ‘worst ever’.

Is gaming what it used to be? No, I don’t think so. But I don’t think that’s a bad thing. Gaming has evolved, and our appreciation for the art has evolved with it. The ways we are able to enjoy our games had changed drastically the past 30 years. The industry has become increasingly expensive, and companies have to find creative ways to stay in business. I don’t expect them to always get it right. I do expect that things will work out in the end in ways that benefit both game player and creator.

Anyway, I think I’m just rambling now. I can’t see what I’ve said because I’m on my phone. So I’ll just leave this as my 2 cents.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.