Error Reporting The future of advertising on gamelust and how we will survive. Reply To: The future of advertising on gamelust and how we will survive.

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Apr 27, 2016

I’ve been doing some thinking about how we will support this site with ads, while not having them be completely intrusive to the end user. I am planning on having 3 levels of advertising on the website, all of which can be turned off complete.

Things like the Price Comparison tool that I am building will be placed into the lowest level of advertising which will be displayed to the end user who has NOT turned off level 1 advertising. The reasoning behind this is because I did not build this to be an advertisement, only a tool to help gamers find the best deals. This is not set in stone, I am just hopeful that this minimalistic approach will be acceptable among our users.

Level 2 advertising will basically be the lower ‘opt-in’ tier where we will place ads from our Best Buy, GameStop and Amazon.com rotation on the home page, in news articles and on the review pages. These will not show up unless a user has intentionally gone into their profile and offered to help support us through ads.

Level 3 is full out Taboola mode with a very limited offering of the same type of ads and frequency of ads found on sites like GameSpot and IGN. This is the high level ‘opt-in’ tier that we would hope some users will allow us to get away with, but don’t really expect anyone to opt-in for very long.

All 3 levels are optional, level 2 & 3 start out being turned off, level 1 can be turned off by the user at their discretion, though I think many will be happy to have a tool that can save them some money available to them.

Additionally there will be two separate Ad pages that users can click on at the bottom of the main navigation that feature level 2 and level 3 ads. Click, browse, close. And lastly there will be a PSA area on the site that will feature a list of games currently on sale at all 3 retailers. Anyone who clicks on a link from our site and buys a game will be helping us out financially while not having to spend an extra dime. And if I haven’t mentioned it already, once we start getting enough money to buy the upgraded server, the money will go back into promotions and give-aways. From free games and consoles to 1 year subs to Loot Crate. A large portion of the money this site makes will go into its users, as well as being applied to our patreon supported content creators.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.