Shooting the Shit Need input for new article on the shady advertising used on popular gaming sites Reply To: Need input for new article on the shady advertising used on popular gaming sites

POSTED BY elheber on Apr 27, 2016

I commented on it, but it seems the article is hidden for now. I hope my comment didn’t disappear. Luckily I saved it on my clipboard:

Five days ago, GameSpot published a juicy article titled The Division’s New Bug Makes the AI Work For You, which reported that the game infamous for bugs has yet another glitch for players to exploit. I can’t recall the subtitle anymore, but it poked fun of The Division having yet another bug right after the last one was fixed. Problem was, the source they cited was a post on Reddit that was (if you looked down far enough in the thread) pointed out to be a hoax. It was satire.

Naturally, people in the comments did more research than the editor and pointed out in the comments that the news was bull. I asked for either the editor to verify his source or offer a correction in an update. The article was simply taken down, and now the link brings you to a 404 page. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dont-publish-the-divisions-new-bug-makes-the-ai-wo/1100-6439091/

"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."

"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."