Error Reporting Another new feature almost ready to go Reply To: Another new feature almost ready to go

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Apr 20, 2016

This update is complete. You can now click the up and down arrows or their values to upvote or downvote an article, the numbers will change instantly, though the icons on the right side will not. I will address that in a future update. I was considering emailing the author but will save that feature for later, planning on sending out daily emails with totals for all activity of this type instead.

I still have to implement the user voting algorithm that will prevent people from using the vote system to troll users and/or articles from a certain platform. I do not plan to allow a user to submit a vote if the majority of their votes are negative, they have to actually like something or the voting system will not allow their vote. This is also the same system that will be used to determine whether or not an article or review becomes a featured review automatically, and will also be capable of removing articles that receive an extreme amount of negative votes(85% negative after 25 total posts, or 22 of 25, 43 of 50, 85 of 100 are negative). The minimum vote count will scale as the site grows and people begin to actually use the system.

I plan to apply the same updates to the comment system next week, including adding avatar icons for users who vote on a comment (left are positive with green border, right are negative with red border), having the numbers change immediately after receiving the success token from the server, and having replies show up instantly as well, rather than waiting 5 seconds.

Real Time Commenting will go through some changes as well, the interval between checks will be shortened, but the duration it will listen will be shortened significantly as well. Right now it checks for new comments every 5 seconds for 4 minutes, this will be changed to every 2.5 to 3 seconds, but only for 10-15 seconds.┬áThere will be multiple ways for it to turn itself back on, plus buttons to activate and deactivate the system, but while I’m on such a restrictive host I will have to tone it down quite a bit.

Feels good to finally have something new to show off!

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.