Error Reporting Questions about Writing a Review Reply To: Questions about Writing a Review

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Mar 06, 2016

One of the things I hope to create in the future is a more user friendly way to add a review to the site, the dashboard area of a WordPress site can be a little confusing at first due to the complexity of the system supporting our site. I’ll answer the questions though and provide a small bit of feedback.

1. I believe the ability to connect a post(news or review) to a game is available to all users on the right side of the page under the ‘Publish’ button. It should say “Connected Games”. If a game does not show up you can use this tool to create a draft of the connected game(title only). Release date and Platform info would then be added by myself or any of the users who have been added as Content Editors to the site(really just been giving the title out to anyone who might help out a bit, but so far help has been incredibly hard to come by).

2. Image uploading was originally intended to be restricted until a certain amount of posts had been added, but we realized this wasn’t going to be good during our infancy.  I though I had changed those restrictions but I must have missed something, I’ll go back and take a look so that uploading is not blocked. And yes, not only is the fact imgur links may disappear an issue, but using links from outside the site is actually frowned upon by other web developers.

3. Review pages are not currently coded to display the 3 images that can be linked to a post, that was planned to be added in a future update.

4. Focus Keyword is more of an admin function than anything else, it’s specific to Search Engine Optimization and assists in getting our content on google and other search engines. Right now though I do not believe it can be taken advantage of so I have no plans to restrict access to it.

As for some pointers, I would suggest a different title for your review, it is meant to be a short summary of your overall opinion. I did not intend for it to be the title of the game itself, though I can easily see how that can be confused as the game title. Also when you ‘view’ the review, the bold text above the sub-category scoring is currently determined by the first sentence of your entire review, though this will change in the near future and be a separate box, current system once again is clearly not optimized for the users and was foolishly built for how I wanted to use the site.

Other than that I thought it was a good read, nice blend of humor and information.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.