Shooting the Shit Welcome to Gamelust, Introduce yourself here! Reply To: Welcome to Gamelust, Introduce yourself here!

POSTED BY Joel Castro on Mar 01, 2016

Guess it’s my turn. Here goes.

My name is Joel. I’m a programming student who’s currently trying to get accepted into the US Air Force. Video games have been a part of my life ever since I first played Super Mario World for the SNES. My passion for video games became cemented after playing The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and realizing the capabilities of the medium to not only be a fun rewarding festival of fun, but to also create wonderful stories that you get to be an active participant in. That, and this is the only medium that has helped me to get over my severe social anxiety.

I hope to someday create video games that not only have engaging and rewarding gameplay, but also produce narratives that can bring people to tears of either sadness or joy. I currently write game reviews (a few of which you can find on this site), and am always studying the art of game design, specifically trying to combat the notion that strong, fluid gameplay is the only way a game can truly be considered great (I posit that there are games with clunky controls that help make the experience even more worthwhile than it has any right to be).