Vehicle MMO gets a battle royale mode
Russian post-apoc vehicle action MMO Crossout is joining what is shaping up to be the neverending battle royale uprising of video games.
The new update was announced via a news post (found here) introducing patch 0.9.50 bringing various bug fixes across a host of raids and general tweaks and bug fixes but the real gem of the update was the battle royale mode. In addition to this a new map named ‘blood rocks’ has been added.
Battles have up to 32 players in cars fighting not only against their peers but a brewing storm; all the juicy details are here:
- Up to 32 survivors take part in the fight.
- At the beginning of the brawl, all players appear at random points on the map and control the same armored cars.Each car is armed with an Auger.
- The player needs to find weapons, modules and structural parts on the map and install them on his armored car.
- All these parts are located on the battlefield at the points marked with flags .In addition to the parts, you can also find repair kits and cartridges / shells for your weapons.
- In order to install this or that part on the armored car, you need to approach the flag and press the ‘R’ key.Ammunition and repair kits are picked up automatically.
- Attention! The ammunition of all guns in this mode is limited!
- Attention! Parts mounted on the armored car can not be shot off!
- Using a repair kit gradually restores the durability of your armored car. One repair kit will restore 105 durability points. Remember that taking damage will stop the effect of restoring your durability points.
- Each battle parts and ammunition appear at the points randomly.
- A minute after the start of the battle, a special cargo appears on the map (the location is marked on the map and radar).In the future, the same cargo will appear every 1.5 minutes. Anyone who can get their contents, will be the owner of one of the most powerful guns. But be careful and always evaluate possible risks.
- After the destruction of the enemy, all the parts and ammunition collected by him will remain at the spot of his death.And, of course, you can get something new from them.
- And, perhaps most importantly — never forget about the storm, watch it move around the map and do not let it take you by surprise.Unlike the confrontation with other Survivors, you will have few chances if it reaches your armored car.
- The damage caused by the storm depends on how deep you are in it.
- The damage from the storm also increases depending on the area of the map, which is already covered by it.
Honestly, I think the whole battle royale fiasco is getting to the point whereby the end of the year Nintendo would have released Mushroom Kingdom Royale (you can have that one for free Mr. Kimishima) and when it comes to that we all must have realized the absurdity of the situation.
Nonetheless, I must admit it’s refreshing to see it in the form of car brawling at least and Crossout is a fantastic game and has definitely got things going for it and this new game mode might be a new way for Steam users to discover the game.
Crossout is available for PC here.
Did you know you can report news for us too? Anyone can report the news, or post a review on gamelust.com, AND have a chance to become featured on our homepage! All you need to do is log in or register with us and add your voice today!