/

What Are You Currently Playing?

This topic contains 103 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of xsuicidesn0wmanx xsuicidesn0wmanx 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Profile photo of Rex ranae

POSTED BY Rex ranae on Jun 09, 2017

I haven’t had much time to game lately. I managed to get a big job, and now I’m preparing a cross-country move to make that happen. I’m still chipping away at Horizon Zero Dawn and recently picked up The Order 1886 for $3 or whatever it was on sale. Crazy price – couldn’t say no. Honestly, it’s not bad so far. It’s not good; it’s shocking how interactions are almost all locked behind a QTE with an on-screen prompt. In such a linear game, I think they could have built a more natural, continuous user-guided way of interacting with the world. But it’s not a disgusting disaster. Looks good. Story seems ok so far. I’m sure I’ll finish it.

Profile photo of xsuicidesn0wmanx

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Jun 09, 2017

I think 1886 opens up a bit more once you get past the first few levels. For me I really liked how the game finished strong, felt like the first 2/3rds of the game were a build up towards the end when everything exploded with action. I would definitely love to see a sequel to the game, I think they could make something REAALLLY cool with the basic foundation they laid out in 1886.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

Profile photo of Rex ranae

POSTED BY Rex ranae on Jun 10, 2017

Yeah, I can definitely see that. The internet hate machine is so toxic – there’s no way I’d call it “trash” at this point, and I can picture already why folks who’ve played it say they wouldn’t mind a sequel

Profile photo of xsuicidesn0wmanx

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Jun 10, 2017

Yeah, that’s a big part of why I wanted to create this site. I’ve played some trash games like Too Human and Pulse Racer, and I haven’t played anything this gen that is that far down the charts. I even found a way to enjoy Too Human and that is a legit 30-40 out of 100 imo. Maybe one of these days I’ll do an article, or even a YouTube video on ’10 games you were told were bad but are actually good.’ Get some real honest criticism that points out the flaws of the games but also shows that there is enjoyment to be found in them. Could also do 10 games there were bad but deserve sequels, Homefront is one of those imo, I’d love to see what the old Free Radical team could do from the ground up with the Homefront franchise. I thought The Revolution was pretty good considering they inherited someone elses disaster of a mess while changing publishers 3 times during dev.

So yeah, I’m ranting now, I’ll stop here.

Enjoy E3, starts in about 90 minutes. Join us in the chat we created for this year if you have time. http://gamelust.com/e3-2017 Twitch required to chat.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.