POSTED BY Rex ranae on Jun 09, 2017
I haven’t had much time to game lately. I managed to get a big job, and now I’m preparing a cross-country move to make that happen. I’m still chipping away at Horizon Zero Dawn and recently picked up The Order 1886 for $3 or whatever it was on sale. Crazy price – couldn’t say no. Honestly, it’s not bad so far. It’s not good; it’s shocking how interactions are almost all locked behind a QTE with an on-screen prompt. In such a linear game, I think they could have built a more natural, continuous user-guided way of interacting with the world. But it’s not a disgusting disaster. Looks good. Story seems ok so far. I’m sure I’ll finish it.
POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Jun 09, 2017
I think 1886 opens up a bit more once you get past the first few levels. For me I really liked how the game finished strong, felt like the first 2/3rds of the game were a build up towards the end when everything exploded with action. I would definitely love to see a sequel to the game, I think they could make something REAALLLY cool with the basic foundation they laid out in 1886.
You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.
POSTED BY Rex ranae on Jun 10, 2017
Yeah, I can definitely see that. The internet hate machine is so toxic – there’s no way I’d call it “trash” at this point, and I can picture already why folks who’ve played it say they wouldn’t mind a sequel
POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Jun 10, 2017
Yeah, that’s a big part of why I wanted to create this site. I’ve played some trash games like Too Human and Pulse Racer, and I haven’t played anything this gen that is that far down the charts. I even found a way to enjoy Too Human and that is a legit 30-40 out of 100 imo. Maybe one of these days I’ll do an article, or even a YouTube video on ’10 games you were told were bad but are actually good.’ Get some real honest criticism that points out the flaws of the games but also shows that there is enjoyment to be found in them. Could also do 10 games there were bad but deserve sequels, Homefront is one of those imo, I’d love to see what the old Free Radical team could do from the ground up with the Homefront franchise. I thought The Revolution was pretty good considering they inherited someone elses disaster of a mess while changing publishers 3 times during dev.
So yeah, I’m ranting now, I’ll stop here.
Enjoy E3, starts in about 90 minutes. Join us in the chat we created for this year if you have time. https://gamelust.com/e3-2017 Twitch required to chat.
You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.
POSTED BY Fudge Golem on Sep 24, 2017
I’m playing my way through Heat Signature right now, I’m going to write a review for it.
It’s like a Hotline Miami in space, but with tons more options on how to get through each mission other than just being able to kill everything faster than it can kill you (and I loved Hotline Miami). Pretty Amazing so far.
POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Sep 26, 2017
Honestly, I’ve been ignoring my responsibilities here because I can’t seem to put the controller down lately. Started at the beginning of the month with Prey and morphed into Destiny 2 on its launch. I still need to finish Prey, but a co-worker has been actively playing D2 with me a lot and it’s been nice to play games with a buddy again.
I’ve also recently bought a treadmill and been moving crap around my apt, packing away most of the game room and non-essentials. Don’t know where I’m moving to but I need room to grow gamelust, looking for a house with room for a small office for multiple people and room to build a studio with multiple sets for the video content I hope to produce.
Going forward I’m already planning for the next game I play to be Assassin’s Creed: Origins, though I am not yet sure if I will wait for the X1X to arrive or if I will pop it in the base X1 first. Thinking I might wait.
POSTED BY Fudge Golem on Dec 04, 2017
Does anyone have their eye on anything for the Winter Steam Sale?
POSTED BY Joel Castro on Aug 15, 2018
Hey, everyone! It’s been a loooong time since I’ve been on, but I figure I’d come back swinging with my current backlog.
- Nier: Automata – I may review this at some point, but suffice it to say, I’m 100% in love with it. Amazing combat, depressing yet inspiring storyline, amazing visuals, and some of the strongest characters I’ve seen come out of video games in recent years. It’s a bit slow when it comes to doing side quests, but overall this is one of my new favorite RPGs (the last section for ending E can go die in a pit, however).
- Persona 5 – Probably my favorite JRPG ever at this point. Every great aspect from Persona 3 and 4 made it through, along with MUCH better designed dungeons, an incredible storyline, a combat system that encourages full use of the controller and a unique twist on how you beat each enemy you see, brilliantly developed characters, and some of the best art design work I’ve seen in any other JRPG before. Definitely a must-play even if the previous titles weren’t your cup of tea.
- Assassin’s Creed: Origins – I love the refinements to the combat, but the story is merely good, not fantastic. I’m glad to see the series returning to being (mostly) historically accurate, and having a protagonist I enjoyed playing since Ezio.
- Far Cry 5 – Excellent visuals, great characters, sinister villain, phenomenal gunplay, kinda weak story. That about sums up the most fun yet more bland entry in the Far Cry series.
- Horizon: Zero Dawn – Holy crap, this game is astounding!! The amazing visuals, the great protagonist/characters, the fluid combat, unique enemy designs, the incredible story/lore…are you sure this was made by Guerrilla Games? The same people who made Killzone? If so, kudos for them going this far out of their comfort zone and absolutely knocking it out of the park.
And that’s about it. I’m looking forward to finally finishing God of War sometime soon, since I only rented it. But if it continues to be as amazing as those first few hours, I may have an official game of the year winner. Sorry it’s been forever. Being in the military has its ups and its downs, the latter having to do with free time, but I’ll make more contributions here and there when I can.
- This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Joel Castro.
POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Sep 13, 2018
Nice to see you’re back. I haven’t really been using the forums or even advertising that we have them for a while. Got to the point where I only came here to remove spam from Russian bots so I moved the link to the footer.
We’ve moved most of the discussion to our Discord server now. It’s mostly text chat, incredibly rare anyone jumps in the voice channel. Click the link to join us.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.