/

What Are You Currently Playing?

This topic contains 103 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of xsuicidesn0wmanx xsuicidesn0wmanx 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Profile photo of elheber

POSTED BY elheber on Mar 12, 2016

What game are you in the middle of right now?

At the moment, I’m playing through Fire Emblem Birthright on Normal, but I’m not letting anyone die (the game has perma-death for your units) so it’s a bit of a slow grind. I got to chapter 12 before I realized some of my characters had been dead for a long time, so I restarted the game and vowed to keep everyone alive. The game scales the difficulty based on how large your army is, so this run has been extremely difficult since the restart; I’m in chapter 13.

On the Wii U I’m finally finishing Yoshi’s Wooly World, playing it co-op with my 11yo nephew on the weekends. Only one world left.

Right now there’s nothing of note I want to play on the PS4 or PC.

"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."

Profile photo of xsuicidesn0wmanx

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Mar 22, 2016

At the time you posted this I was working on the rolling review for The Division, so I thought it made little sense to reply and state the obvious. Thing is, I’m still playing The Division. I’m enjoying the game so much, it not only has forced me to go out of my comfort zone to find new friends in the Dark Zone, it’s also reunited a large portion of our old Call of Duty clan. I haven’t had this much fun playing a game since Modern Warfare 2.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

Profile photo of elheber

POSTED BY elheber on Mar 22, 2016

Oh man, MW2 was my jam! Allow me to plug myself.

I might love The Division, but I just wouldn’t be able to handle that much of a time sink. My life is already so busy; I work in an office during the day, and during the night I freelance design and fight crime.

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Mar 24, 2016

Rather than make this it’s own section in the forum, I thought making it Sticky would work just as good. If it gets too big we can do a V2 thread and make that the sticky to keep it fresh.

Profile photo of mastermetal777

POSTED BY mastermetal777 on Mar 24, 2016

Currently, I’m still playing the following:

Destiny

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Bloodborne

Assassin’s Creed II

Profile photo of elheber

POSTED BY elheber on Mar 25, 2016

Currently, I’m still playing the following: Destiny The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Bloodborne Assassin’s Creed II

Whew, those are a lot of long form games. I want to complete The Witcher 3 one day. That’s on my bucket list.

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Mar 25, 2016

Witcher 3 and Bloodborne are on mine as well.

Can’t get into Destiny any more, my favorite part of that game was the Vault of Glass, and there is absolutely no point in going there anymore.

On a side note, my god these forums are ugly, I need to address that real soon!

Profile photo of NaughtyOttsel

POSTED BY NaughtyOttsel on Apr 15, 2016

Currently replaying the wonderful Ace Attorney franchise  and just reached Dual Destinies, easily my favourite Capcom series of all time.

POSTED BY mastermetal777 on Apr 19, 2016

Trying out The Witcher 3’s New Game + mode. It actually makes it worth playing further if you beat the game already  especially with the increased difficulty. Never really expected that.

Also continuing to play Destiny becuase I actually still like this game.

Recently bought Watch Dogs again. I enjoy it, but it’s not the greatest game by any means.

Tried getting back into Diablo III. I don’t know, but that game didn’t hook me like it did others. Something about the gameplay never sat right with me (too passive is the word).

Profile photo of elheber

POSTED BY elheber on May 05, 2016

I’m downloading the Overwatch beta as we speak. The open beta started late last night.

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on May 05, 2016

I just started playing South Park: The Stick of Truth day before yesterday through the Xbox One back compat. It’s hilarious so far. Loving it.

Profile photo of elheber

POSTED BY elheber on May 16, 2016

Playing Uncharted 4 now. So far the game is comprised of 40% rock sliding and 70% rope swinging, which seems mathematically impossible, but I guarantee there’s some crossover between the two. All mocking aside, I’m having a lot of fun with it. I was either buying this or Doom and it was actually a tough decision because I miss having an fast action PC shooter like the olden days.

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on May 16, 2016

I’m playing Uncharted 4 as well, I agree it’s too much rock/mud sliding so far, but the story is soo good I don’t even really care. I just hope they don’t do what they did in Uncharted 3 and keep bringing back the rock sliding in every level. It’s neat the first few times you do it, by the 40th it’s tiring. I will say the ‘mud sliding’ is not forced like the rock sliding is, and I do like that going from scotland to africa seems to have a very different type of platforming challenges. The rope swinging is going to stay though, it’s clearly a big part of their game plan.

Profile photo of elheber

POSTED BY elheber on May 16, 2016

I really loved how they played with my emotions in the early scuba diving chapter.

Spoiler

They really built up the tension. I was afraid of a shark attack, of my tank running out, of the cargo falling on top. I kept thinking, “oh, this is where shit’s about to go down.” And it never did. You get pulled up and it’s just some city river, and it’s just a monotonous day where nothing ever happens. Nathan wanted something to happen, and they aligned that with the player’s emotions by toying with your expectations. It was like the polar opposite of the derailed train scene in U2 (but I guess they couldn’t just start U4 with this underwater scene)

[collapse]

That was master class.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Profile photo of elheber elheber. Reason: mastering the spoiler tag code

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on May 16, 2016

Yeah, I thought the opening was good. I wouldn’t say it was that tense for me though, I sensed what was in store early on.

POSTED BY mastermetal777 on May 18, 2016

Im currently playing the new Doom. Dear God, its a riot so far!I never played the original, but this is just a helluva rush! Ripping through demons like they’re made of wet tissue is a thrill I don’t think can ever be replicated.

Profile photo of elheber

POSTED BY elheber on May 18, 2016

Im currently playing the new Doom. Dear God, its a riot so far!

I want to live vicariously through you. Are you playing it on PC or console?

Speaking of Doom: Polygon sucks. Polygon posted the first 30 minutes of the game, and the reviewer SUCKS HAIRY, SALTY BALLS at playing. It’s so bad that they had to disable ratings and comments.

I’ll take any opportunity to rip on bad publications.

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on May 18, 2016

You streaming Doom on Twitch or anything? If any of you guys stream on twitch I’d love to host you guys on our twitch channel. I’d also like to grab gameplay videos from your feed with your permission. You’ll need to have your account setup to save videos though, I don’t think Twitch automatically does this anymore. I know we could sure use some video footage for the site though.

Profile photo of elheber

POSTED BY elheber on May 18, 2016

I’ll have to consider streaming in the near future.

Well, I rented it (I’m too broke to buy anything at the moment), but I don’t have it anymore. If I rent it again, I’ll definitely think about streaming it. I played it on PS4, btw. As for other games I could stream, let me know which I could do. Keep in mind I only stream from my PS4 cuz my PC is pretty lousy for gaming. Here’s my current list:

– Batman: Arkham Knight

– The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

– Bloodborne

– Broforce

– Counterspy

– Destiny

– Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition

– Dragon Age: Inquisition

– Dust: An Elysian Tail

– Grand Theft Auto 5

– Grim Fandango Remastered

– Infamous: First Light

– Journey

– The Last of Us Remastered

– Life is Strange

– Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes

– Minecraft

– Rogue Legacy

– Smite

– Transistor

– The Unfinished Swan

– Watch Dogs

– The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Also keep in mind that my schedule might be very erratic. I just got married last weekend, we’re moving in a month, and on top of that, I’m joining the US Air Force soon. So if I say one day and it doesn’t happen, stuff happened relating to those things.

Congrats on getting married!

As for streaming, there really is no schedule for it, and you can play any game you want from any generation. It is something I’d like to have available for users on the site to watch, but I’ve not done a good job managing it. Really I’d just add your twitch account to the list of people who can manage the channel, and from there you could host yourself on the channel.

Truth be told I need to figure out a way to get some traffic to this place so I can afford to bring on 4 or 5 people to handle different aspects of the site. Put someone in charge of our twitter and facebook, another on Twitch streaming and/or YouTube. Outside of loving games and being a hell of a programmer, I have no idea what the hell I’m doing.

All I know for sure is that if I can make something of this site, the early adopters like you two will have first dibs on being staff for the site, and if I ever sell the site, it would be with the intent to get a shitload of money for every staff member.

Well, I’d be honored to be part of the staff, though I doubt I’d be of much help, as I have 0 experience with website management. But hey, live and learn.

Well those reviews you’ve added are huge imo. I don’t have the opportunity to post all that often, being able to show new content on the page for returning visitors can go a long way towards keeping them coming back, more than any features I build, I’m sure 80% of that stuff has gone mostly unnoticed. And I’m running out of things to build. This place is a lot closer to finished than it may appear.

The biggest thing is getting more content, and getting people to come in and talk with us here in the forums/in comments, maybe they’ll even jump in on the news reporting and reviews. There are 50 accounts, but only 4 real users and about 1500-2000 hits per month. I’d like to see how things go if we hit 100, 150 accounts, maybe end up with 20 or 30 users by then and 20-30k hits. I’ve considered advertising the site on social media/reddit, but I’m not sure how much that will actually help, I have a feeling it might work just as well as finding someone who’ll go around gaming sites and invite people the same way I did.

Anyway, back on topic, I just finished Uncharted 4, and holy fuck is it amazing! it’s not a 99, there are a few flaws and I found myself ready for the game to end in the very last chapter, but it’s pretty damn close to the most flawless game since Uncharted 2. Definitely going to give it somewhere between a 96 and 98 in my final review.

POSTED BY mastermetal777 on May 20, 2016

Hopefully I’ll be able to get a jump on Uncharted 4 soon. My wife loves the series as much as I do, and we plan on playing it together like we did when we got the original trilogy. I’m excited to see Drake’s final chapter.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.