So...anything new?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  xsuicidesn0wmanx 8 months ago.

• POSTED BY mastermetal777 on Dec 06, 2016

Slow week lately. Let’s see, what am I up to?

– been playing Final Fantasy 15 quite a bit. I’m really enjoying it, and I had pretty low expectations going in after the utter disappointment that was the 13 trilogy. May review it soon, but it’ll be based off me not reaching the ending.

– planning a list explaining my picks for my GOTY list. It’ll be numbered, but apart from my top 3, every entry is in no particular order. I will say that this was quite the interesting year.

– I may get around to all my planned reviews, but it’s more than likely at this point that they’ll be postponed till I finish basic training.

– I do plan on recording a livestream of us chatting on PSN around the end of the year to discuss the games that have released and our opinions on them, as well as the hot topics surrounding gaming, and even discussing who likely has the sexier voice of this group of ours. We’ll see.

POSTED BY elheber on Dec 10, 2016

I’m swamped. I only get enough time to play 3DS on the weekends.

Oh, I’m considering buying The Last Guardian, but I’m waiting for more reviews. TheĀ ratings of reviewers I trust have been rather mixed. I loved Shadow of the Colossus but TLG looks like they upped the frustration three-fold. I’m hoping an update addresses the frame rate and tutorial prompts before I buy it. Unless you or Rob really recommend it; in which case I’ll plop down the money yesterday.

"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."

"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Dec 10, 2016

I bought it today, I can stream parts of it if you want, or even share play if it’s available, just sign on PSN and send me a message. I’ll be on most of tonight and all of tomorrow.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

POSTED BY mastermetal777 on Dec 10, 2016

I may be on tonight, depending on what all Im doing. Plus, I’ve got some games to catch up on after renting FF15 and mainlining it for over a week. Great game, though flawed in many ways. Its light-years better than 13, and that’s a great thing.

POSTED BY Rex ranae on Dec 11, 2016

I’ve barely had time to game lately at all. In the last couple of days I started working through a copy of Uncharted 4 that a friend loaned me. It’s actually pretty solid – I phrase it that way because I was not in love with the earlier entries in the series

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Dec 14, 2016

To follow up on the TLG talk from a few days ago… I beat the game on Sunday, then helped a friend beat it Monday night via shareplay. There is a lot to like about the game, great story, great sound and visuals. But the controls are really bad. I don’t think I’ve played a game that was this frustrating since Too Human. I’m working on a review for the game, and my friend already wrote up his review(needs a bit of editing). So far he gave it a 91 and I’m giving it a 75. I’d still recommend the game to anyone who is interested, but warn that you can expect to be extremely frustrated by the poor controls and lack of direction with the game.

Had they polished up the controls and added a half-decent yet subtle ‘hint’ system, this could have been in the upper 90’s for me.

POSTED BY mastermetal777 on Dec 14, 2016

Sounds exactly like Shadow of the Colossus to me. Wonky controls combined with excellent everything else. Heh, something tells me I may feel the same about this game. Idk, weird controls are my forte. As for hints, well unless the environments have much subtler hints as to where to go, I can’t see it being needed. Hell I got lost in Shadow of the Colossus A LOT my first time through.

POSTED BY Rex ranae on Dec 17, 2016

How would you compare the control frustrations to its predecessors?

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Dec 17, 2016

Never played the previous Team ICO games, always wanted to. Couldn’t afford them when they originally released, by the time I caught up they immediately fell down the backlog.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.