Happy New Year GameLusters!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  xsuicidesn0wmanx 8 months, 1 week ago.

• POSTED BY Rex ranae on Jan 06, 2018

Happy New Year folks! I hope everyone had a good holiday season. Did anyone score any big loot? My gift game turned out to be Mario Odyssey, which I’m loving to death.

My only complaint is the “base game” is too easy. They clearly built it around the idea of re-playing and exploring levels to find harder goals, and that adds substantial difficulty – but it’s not really traditional Mario difficulty. It’s more of a puzzling/exploring difficulty than challenging platforming. It’s a matter of CREATIVE use of platforming mechanics more than SKILLED use of platforming mechanics, if that makes sense. For me, it’s fine – I love the game. But I almost feel like it’s a different type of Mario – it’s own spin on the series like Paper and RPG (although obviously a less stark divergence)

POSTED BY Rex ranae on Jan 06, 2018

*its

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Jan 12, 2018

I got a ton of shit for xmas of course, being a collector and all. Big items are a Switch with Zelda and Mario Odyssey, and a boxed Secret of Mana for SNES.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.