Game Room/Collection Update - April 2017

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Rex ranae 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

• POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Apr 26, 2017

It’s been a while hasn’t it. Almost 2 years since I last posted new images of my game collection online. I’ve been promising to show off updated pics of my gaming collection for a while now, but never really had the room clean enough for show until recently. I spent some time really cleaning the place up for a game night earlier in the month. Of course it didn’t stay clean. So once again I’m finally caught up, minus a few games you will see stacked on the desk waiting to be tracked.

I’m posting this because I’ve had a few people on various sites hinting that they’d like to see updated images. Figure if I’m going to post anything, I’ll start here.

So… on with the show!!!

Just a few milk crates full of wires and controllers for the various systems. First crate is a mix of stuff for use in the game room. The rest, in order, are for Atari, Nintendo, Sega, Playstation, Xbox and lastly my edutainment crap.

Next up we have the closet that holds all of my game consoles plus my game guides. I took the doors off to show as much as possible, these will be going back on soon. I’ve been working on my goal of obtaining a box for most of these systems. Not pictured are my CIB Amstrad GX4000 and a Coleco ADAM which are currently at my parents house.

Going to go clockwise around the room here. This starts with my cabinet full of loose carts and manuals on the left, my Big Box PC collection with boxed handhelds on top of that plus the TV I play PS4 games on. Other consoles I have attached are the Dreamcast, PS1, PSOne, PS2, PS2 Slim, a launch PS3, a Pioneer LaserActive, Sega Saturn and Panasonic 3DO FZ-1. Good looking website on the screen too…

Still running the dual TV setup. I’ve got the OG Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One Halo Ed, Retron 5, Wii and WiiU hooked up to this one. Big silver box is my 5.1 receiver, nothing special. Lots of gaming swag on the wall, including the comic in the top right that’s hard to see. Nights into Dreams Issue #1 from Archie Comics.

Behind the angry Kratos poster you’ll find my Wii, WiiU, Odyssey 2, 7800, Intellivision and BBC Micro games.

This is why these updates kept getting pushed back. This right here is roughly 830 of the 864 Xbox games released in the US plus about 75 X1 games above that. Steel Battalion controller on the floor and some of my special edition games/controllers at the very top. The very middle of the right shelving holds my loose Sega CD games, some Saturn imports, and my Dreamcast collection.

MY PC plus a spiral rack of PC games and my Virtual Boy. There’s a Halo 3 poster hiding behind the PC game rack. Duke Nukem Forever and Portal 2 display boxes on the left side next to the Xbox games. Stuff stacked on the desk is the new additions to the collection that haven’t been tracked yet.

Not including the closet, these are the PSP, PSVita, PS3, PS4 and Xbox 360 games in my collection plus some extras.

And there’s the closet… One item that’s interesting that you won’t see in the other images would be the Kirby’s Adventure Promo Pillow hanging on the left side. This was a store display that is apparently very rare and Nintendo fans have purchased these for $1000 in the past(I took screenshots to prove it).

NES & SNES Games, Gameboy carrier with GB & GBC games in it and a Game Gear carrying case with games.

Small CD rack with my 3DO and CD-i games on the left, Turbo Grafx and VIS games on the right.

Playstation 1 Long Box, PS1 and PS2 games. Also included are my PS1 & Saturn accessories that allow import and backups on the US console. I’m also currently working on replacing the Greatest Hits games with Black Labels, and getting the box & manual for any game missing those parts.

Boxed handheld games(GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, GameGear, Game.com, N-Gage, WonderSwan & WS Color). Boxed NES, SNES & N64 games below that. Loose SNES & N64 manuals sitting on top of the N-Gage games as well.

And now the wall of Sega stuff. Master System, Genesis and 32X in this pic.

And the bottom half… More Genesis games plus Sega CD, Saturn, and a small glimpse of Pico games.

Current collection contains 82 game consoles, handhelds and accessories(32x, Sega CD, N64 DD, etc) and 3844 games plus whatever is sitting on the desk there. I don’t count those because several are probably doubles of games I already own that will go into a trade bin once I’ve figured out which copy is in the best condition.

As of right now, I am missing only 23 of the OG Xbox games published in the US. Of those 23 I currently have 10 on order and I am waiting for them to arrive in the mail.

For a more detailed list of all that I own currently, check out my inventory on VGCollect.
    https://vgcollect.com/xsuicidesn0wmanx

Thanks for looking, let me know what you think of my Room of Doom.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

POSTED BY Rex ranae on May 06, 2017

Wow, that is a seriously drool-worthy collection!

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on May 06, 2017

You know, I’ve always been of the mindset that I want to share my good fortunes with others. These games, there as much here for my friends to play as they are for me. Any time a buddy of mine wants to come over and play a game, my door is basically open.

That extends to some of the regulars here as well. You(rex), elheber, mastermetal, craig, all welcome in my game room should you find yourself near Chicago. Unfortunately even my friends who are near by don’t really care to come over, can’t really understand why. Hrmm, someday it’ll be different.

POSTED BY Rex ranae on May 07, 2017

They’re just intimidated by the scale of it – too much choice of what to play :-P

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.