Everyone's GOTY picks, now that it's (almost) over

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mastermetal777 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

• POSTED BY mastermetal777 on Dec 20, 2016

Title is everything this time around. Now that the year has ended, what are everybody’s favorite games of this year? My picks pretty much haven’t changed, except for one game that got added. Here are my choices in no particular order:

– Dark Souls 3

– Doom 2016

– Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

– Furi

– Far Cry Primal

– Abzu

– Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

– Final Fantasy XV

– Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (campaign)

– Titanfall 2

As far as my favorite of the year, it’s a tossup between Dark Souls 3, Uncharted 4, and Final Fantasy XV

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Dec 20, 2016

Thinking about this has me wondering… Why do we have to limit the GOTY to one game? Lets just say “Games” of the Year and leave it as ‘these are the games we think everyone should try’.

Just from your list alone, I haven’t finished the Infinite Warfare campaign yet, nor started TitanFall 2’s. I’ve also not yet played FFXV, Doom, Dark Souls 3, Far Cry Primal, or Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

From the games I have played this year…

Uncharted 4(98), Gears of War 4(91), Battlefield 1(90), Quantum Break(91), The Last Guardian(75) and Dead Rising 4(80) are some of my favorites so far(review score in parenthesis, some reviews not yet written).

Out of the games I haven’t played yet, I think Deus Ex and Dishonored 2 have a chance at joining that list if I ever get them out of my back log. While I also can acknowledge Doom is deserving of recognition, though is not my style of game.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

You're all zombie thigh-fat people brought into animation by some evil force of forceful evil!!! - Happy Noodle Boy.

POSTED BY Rex ranae on Dec 21, 2016

I’ve played so little :-(

I’d go with Doom, Abzu, and UC4. These are almost by default, given how little of the 2016 content I’ve played… but they are all deserving of recognition, so I’ll run with it :-)

POSTED BY Rex ranae on Dec 22, 2016

wait, WTF’s wrong with me – Total War: Warhammer! I forgot when it released :-P

Great game for strategy and Warhammer fans. Very questionable DLC model (unsurprisingly), but I gave it a great review and stand by it

POSTED BY xsuicidesn0wmanx on Dec 22, 2016

Ah hah, a Warhammer fan. Any plans on trying out Vermintide? I believe that’s a Warhammer game right?

POSTED BY mastermetal777 on Dec 22, 2016

surprisingly, I haven’t played many strategy games. Don’t really have a good enough computer to run anything worthwhile except for retro pixel stuff.

POSTED BY elheber on Dec 22, 2016

It’s been a… challenging gaming season for me. The game I’ve spent the most time on this year is a mobile game from 2014 (?) when on the toilet.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided wins top honors for me. The game was right in my wheelhouse. No, not only was it in my wheelhouse… it pointed a gun at my head and said, “look at me. I am de captain.”

"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."

"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."

POSTED BY mastermetal777 on Dec 22, 2016

Mankind divided would have made it up to the top  had it not been for the week main had it not been for the weak main storyline.

POSTED BY Rex ranae on Dec 25, 2016

@SuicideSnowman,

It is! I keep meaning to give it a try, and also had my eyes on Space Hulk (although I’m less into the “40K” side of Warhammer, and it hasn’t exactly cleaned house on reviews)

@Mastermetal

Total War is pretty demanding, due to the high body count 3D realtime battles, but FWIW – if you were interested – you could probably handle some more recent turn-based games like Age of Wonders 3 and Civ IV (maybe V, I don’t know how bad we’re talking on the hardware end).

demanding on the hardware, that is – I realized that looked ambiguous and possibly douchey

POSTED BY mastermetal777 on Dec 25, 2016

Lol its okay. And it’s a bog standard laptop. Intel HD gfx card, 4GB RAM, and stock everything. My mom has a similar desktop, but that sucker has 16GB of RAM. Everything else is average though, as far as I’ve seen. It runs Hearthstone and League of Legends like a dream, but those arent exactly heavy duty games.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.